question

tonytheron57 avatar image
tonytheron57 asked

do i need a mk3 usb interface

Hi, i have just connected a quattro 10kw with a 1240ah traction cell 48v battery bank, colour gx unit and a wifi dongle in the gx (thats all)

I have the grid available and prefer not to use it other than emergencies.

Self consumption i think its called?

Anyhow i want to be able to set this up easily to change parameters like battery type/size and return to the grid settings as i am on the feed in tariff.

Do i need the usb mk3 for this or can it be done using the gx and a wifi dongle as going through the ve configure route seems long winded and complicated.

quattro 10kva
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

If you set up VRM, you can access the Quatro via Remote VEConfigure in the device list on VRM.

Other than that, you'd need an MK3 USB adapter for direct setup. Much can be done through VictronConnect on a computer that has a USB interface (but not iOS devices).

VictronConnect doesn't support advanced programming, e.g., assistants or some multi-phase and/or paralleled configurations. For these, you'll need a Windows computer to run VEConfigure and VE.Bus System Configure.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Adam Hanafi avatar image Adam Hanafi commented ·

hope all is well , i just purchased a 3000w 12v multiplus second hand , it was used for about one year , im not sure if the firmware was ever updated, i understand the mk3 usb allows me to do some advanced programming , most of which i probably dont need, but what about the firmware? is there a way to update that without it ? thanks

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic