question

tommy-1 avatar image
tommy-1 asked

Update to BlueSolar MPPT 100/50 lead to error #116 and now can't get replacement?

I have a EasySolar 24/1600(HQ1431HFE78) and plugged in my V.E direct bluetooth dongle to the BlueSolar 100/50(HQ1416RMB82). Victron connect asked me to update the unit and i did, when the update was done i pressed continue and it came back with the error: "#116 Calibration data lost" and the unit is useless, it's destroyed.

Now I am told that Victron has no product support for this anymore so my only option is to buy a new unit.

I can not understand nor accept that Victrons own product and Victrons own update renders my unit useless and that it wont be replaced under warranty.

Direct quote from Victronenergy.com:

" The dongle is able to read data from all products with a V.E direct port".

Compatible Victron products:

BlueSolar MPPT Charge Controllers,

MPPT 100/50.

I was under the impression that Victron is a highquality product but it seems that I was wrong. I hope that this matter will be resolved and my original impression is restored.

@Daniël Boekel

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @Tommy,

Sorry to hear it, an unfortunate series of events, but don't worry - I think we can probably resolve it.

Do you know if an RMA was actually submitted to Victron and rejected, or not submitted?

If it was submitted, can you please get me the RMA case number so I can have a quick look into it?

If it wasn't submitted (because the unit is more than 5 years old), in this specific case - can you please try again and insist that the RMA is submitted to Victron?

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tommy-1 avatar image tommy-1 commented ·
Hi,

Thank you for a fast response!

I don't know if an RMA has been submitted but i requested the RMA case number from Eurosolar. I also asked them to submit an RMA to Victron if they have not already done so.

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Here is the RMA ID: 292.034

0 Likes 0 ·
Hi, @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Did you have time to look into this?

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ tommy-1 commented ·
What was the last information you heard from your dealer?
0 Likes 0 ·
tommy-1 avatar image tommy-1 Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ commented ·
Last week friday they called and told me that I have to buy a new unit, thats when I contacted you. I insisted that Eurosolar make an RMA and they did, since that i have not heard anything except when they gave me the RMA case number.

The dealer in VASA is Roaming.fi but i guess their contact to Victron goes through Eurosolar.

0 Likes 0 ·
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) ♦♦ tommy-1 commented ·

Ok, The RMA should have been processed by now, so please get in touch with your dealer again and ask them if there has been an update.

0 Likes 0 ·