question

col avatar image
col asked

Victron IP22 ABS parameters with LI-ION battery.

col asked · 2 hours ago
Actions

Victron IP22 ABS parameters with LI-ION battery.

I hae just purchased a Bluesmart IP22 charger. I have a lithium 120AH battery. The charger is 30A, however when I put it on charge at 69% it goes to ABS and only puts in about 18A. would have thought that a lithium battery wouldn't go into ABS until considerably higher charge. I have set the mode to LI-ION , which has its own algerithum, can anyone tell me if I am able to raise the charge rate or make it so that it doesn't go into ABS mode until the battery is in a higher state of charge. Thanks. Col.

victron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

First of all you need to check that the Absorb Voltage setting is correct for your battery. Cosult the battery manufacurer's documentation to find the correct Absorb Voltage setting.
The charge will enter the Absorb phase when that particular Voltage limit is reached. Then ensure that the time limit to stay in Absorb is also configured according to the battery manufacturer's guidlines. One the battery switched to Float, then you can be sure that it is indeed 100% full. From there you should synchronise your battery monitor to tell it that this is the 100% point. Be sure that the battery capacity setting is entered correctly into the battery monitor's settings.

The battery and charger understand Voltage limits rather that SOC%. The SOC% is for us humans to relate to because the Voltage doesn't hold much meaning to us. So if the synchronisation is off, then you'll find that the SOC% and the charged Voltage don't relate properly.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic