question

paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton asked

Mppt not showing in victron connect

It is on and charging. It comes into view if i turn all power sources off and then on again. After a night it will still be on but not visible on the connect app. again. What is going on? How to rectify so i see it all the time. I dont want to be switching the whole system on and off each day just so i can see the solar history.

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Hi @Paul Cotton

It sounds like this is very reproducable and predictable at your end so I hope you don't mind to answer some questions that might help us to find the problem.

Does it indeed happen every night?

Does it also happen when you do not connect to the MPPT for a day (so after power cycling to make it visble, but not connecting)?

When you have been connected to the MPPT, is it visible immediately after begin connected and restarting a scan (using the round orange button in the bottom right) in VictronConnect in the device list?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
14 Answers
paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

Thank you for your reply.

Does it indeed happen every night? I have not done it day after day. However, every time i restart it is visible and every next day it is gone. It stays gone for days until i restart everything.

Does it also happen when you do not connect to the MPPT for a day (so after power cycling to make it visble, but not connecting)? I have not done this and will test it today.

When you have been connected to the MPPT, is it visible immediately after begin connected and restarting a scan (using the round orange button in the bottom right) in VictronConnect in the device list? It is immediately visible.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

Hi there, i can now confirm that yesterday i switched everything off and on. MPPT became visible. I did not connect to anything. Today the MPPT is not visible. The battery, shunt and battery protect are all visible.

Why does the MPPT stop being visible each night?

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi,

We have no idea at the moment why it stops being visible. What kind of MPPT do you have, what is the serial number and what firmware version is it running?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

Mppt is 100/20. S/N it is buried in depth of van so not sure I can find it. It says it is up to date on firmware.

2 |3000

paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

screenshot-20210706-073758.jpgImage Caption

screenshot-20210706-073750.jpg20210706-073600.jpgImage Caption

I can not get a better image of S/N i am afraid. When i press update on either firmware it says it is latest.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi,

Thank you for making these images. They do not immediately bring a solution, but might help us in reproducing the issue.

So I am sorry to say that we do not have a solution, just more questions. I hope you are still willing to cooperate and answer the questions.

Does the SmartSolar always disappear in the night or has it sometimes already disappeared in the afternoon or evening?

Do you have VE.Smart networking enabled?

If not, can you enable VE.Smart networking on the SmartSolar and the SmartShunt with the same network? When it is enabled, please connect with the SmartShunt and check that the MPPT is in range ( VE.Smart Networking / Step by step instructions / 6.3. Verify operation. ) Then after the night, when the SmartSolar is no longer visible in the VictronConnect device list, please connect again with the SmartShunt and check if the SmartSolar is still in range or not.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-cotton avatar image paul-cotton Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Ok. I will try.

I have only ever seen the mppt dissappear the next day. I will do some tests today.

I will also try this networking thing you ask.

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-cotton avatar image paul-cotton Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·
Networking set up. When i opened it on the mppt it looked like there was another one. I have deleted the other one.

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

Today with the network from yesterday still no mppt visible in morning.

Sad face.

5 comments
2 |3000

Hi,

But when you connect to the SmartShunt, is there the MPPT still in range in the VE.Smart networking screen?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

I think not. Here is screen shot.screenshot-20210707-095235.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ paul-cotton commented ·

And the SmartSolar was visible here yesterday before it disappeared?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

I can switch it all off and on again and take a screen shot?

0 Likes 0 ·
Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) avatar image Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ paul-cotton commented ·

That would be useful indeed.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

Yes they screenshot-20210707-135532.jpgare connected and showing in each others networkscreenshot-20210707-135508.jpg

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi,

And when the MPPT is not visible, there is not an unknown bluetooth dongle visible in the device list? This can happen when the dongle part is not able to communicate with the MPPT part.

To be sure what can be seen by VictronConnect, can you please make a service report (https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report) in the situation that the MPPT is no longer visible and post it here in a reply (or answer)?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
bazzarood avatar image
bazzarood answered ·

I have the same issue - My smart solar disappears each evening and the only way to get it back is to disconnect the solar and reconnect!! aghhhhhhh!!! please help.

3 comments
2 |3000

paul-cotton avatar image paul-cotton commented ·
@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) any progress on trouble shooting ideas next steps?
0 Likes 0 ·

@Paul Cotton

The following is a reply I gave yesterday on your answer with the images, but apparently you did not receive a message?

Hi,

And when the MPPT is not visible, there is not an unknown bluetooth dongle visible in the device list? This can happen when the dongle part is not able to communicate with the MPPT part.

To be sure what can be seen by VictronConnect, can you please make a service report (https://ve3.nl/VictronConnect_How-to-create-a-VictronConnect-Service-Report) in the situation that the MPPT is no longer visible and post it here in a reply (or answer)?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you. I did not see that request. Here us the report.

VictronConnect_report.log

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

@Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) thanks, i am going to set aside a day to strip it down and send back via the original supplier. I have agreed this with them yesterday. I just need to find the time and the motivation to get it done.

1 comment
2 |3000

drlbradley avatar image drlbradley commented ·
did you get this resolved?
0 Likes 0 ·
aidan-jensen avatar image
aidan-jensen answered ·

I am also seeing the exact same problem.

2 |3000

shux38 avatar image
shux38 answered ·

Is there an update to this solution as I am having the same problem, but I only have a solid blue light showing on the unit, it is charging whilst not showing

2 |3000

romin avatar image
romin answered ·

Hi there,

I've got a similar problem. My MPPT 100/30 is visible but from the last update of Victron Connect, my MPPT 75/15 is not visible anymore at anytime.

I know is working cause my batterie is charging properly.

Any new idea ?

Thank you

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @Romin

Do you have the 2 MPPT's connect using VE.Smart networking? If so, can you please check whether the 75/15 does show up in the VE.Smart network settings menu of the 100/30.

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
romin avatar image romin Thiemo van Engelen (Victron Energy staff) ♦ commented ·

Thank you for your reply,

unfortunately, I never needed to use a VE.Smart because I didn't connect it to my computer but only to my phone. Both MPPT are connected via bluetooth.

wishes

0 Likes 0 ·
cb-rider avatar image
cb-rider answered ·

Im having similar issue except I can NOT get my MPPT to show up in the Victron Connect app no matter how I try to reset it. This all started after the update a few months ago. It still charges but I can’t see my input. This is very disappointing and frustrating.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @cb_rider

What is the version of VictronConnect that you are using?

When you are using an Android phone with Android version < 12, do you still have location enabled and provided VictronConnect the location permission?

Kind regards,

Thiemo van Engelen

0 Likes 0 ·
cb-rider avatar image
cb-rider answered ·

Version 5.75 with an iPhone Pro 12 / iOS 16.1.

The MPPT doesn’t show up in the app or iPhone BT menu. My Victron BMV, DC-DC charger, and BlueSmart IP-65 all do. All four connected flawlessly before the update.

2 |3000

arty avatar image
arty answered ·

I've got the same issues too, namely 1 MMPT over 2 is not visible anymore on the Victron connect and this happened after firmware update to 1.61.

Thanks for any feedback

mppt.jpg

mppt.jpg (69.6 KiB)
2 |3000