question

emoon20 avatar image
emoon20 asked

Solar Charger MPPT 100/30 - Off

Hi all, new here & hoping someone can help this newbie out…a little about my electrical system:

-2x 100Ah Battle Born LiFePO4 Batteries wired in parallel

-2x 180 watt Newpowa Solar Panels, wired in parallel

-Victron Solar Charge Controller MPPT 100/30 w/ blue tooth dongle

I have for the life of me been googling to try and understand but haven’t had any luck. Here is my dilemma… On the Victron Solar Charge Controller App it says that my Battery State is “off.” I’ve tried clicking on the “why is the charger off?” And it takes me nowhere. Here is a screen shot of what I’m seeing… img-4394.png

From my understanding… My solar is not generating any watts. I’ve checked all the connections and they’re secure. What is confusing to me is that 3x days ago.. it showed that I was generating solar power (see attached pic). The last 2x days have been extremely sunny and I haven’t moved my van from when it was previously generating power nor have I messed with the connections.

1. My question is… is my state “off” because my batteries are full? If so, why doesn’t my solar charge controller go Into float mode to keep them topped off? It is currently flashing on “bulk” mode.
  2. When I pull up my Victron BMV it says the “state of charge” is 100% w/ output of 13.31 volts… I thought 14.4 volts was 100% charged on LiFePO4 batteries. See pics…

I realize this might seem silly to some so I appreciate any help and for beating with me

BMV Battery MonitorMPPT SmartSolar
img-4394.png (326.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Your solar PV voltage is below your battery voltage.

As to be expected at 21:13????

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
randy-putnam avatar image
randy-putnam answered ·

I agree with kim8. At 21:13 your solar panels are not generating any power (watts) because they’re in the dark, or very little light at that time. Suggest you wait until morning and apply some load to your batteries. You should see both solar wattage as well as increased solar voltage and battery voltage. If you’re still not seeing anything, check your wiring connections, and don’t forget to check your fuse. Should be at least a 30amp one. I have the same MPPT on my boat and it works fine. Just not at night!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.