question

paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton asked

-0.02V showing on start battery

I have a starter battery, a leisure battery, a DC/DC, MPPT and PV and Multiplus. With all functioning except DC/DC since I isolate the start battery there is a -0.02V showing on the smart shunt for the starter battery. What is this indicating?

battery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

When you isolate the starter battery, are you also isolating the voltage sense wire from the smart shunt? this should go via a small fuse directly to the starter battery. A schematic of your installation would help with a question like this....

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

Mike thank you for the reply. I am not. The sense goes from the shunt to a fuse at inlet of the battery positive the isolation is beyond this nearer the battery.

2 |3000

paul-cotton avatar image
paul-cotton answered ·

screenshot-20210706-121250-samsung-notes.jpg

Isolation just removes starter battery.

2 comments
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Can we assume that the battery shown is the start battery?

And the connection to the Dc2dc charger is the input?

Isolated Dc2dc converter?

0 Likes 0 ·
paul-cotton avatar image paul-cotton klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Correct so when isolated dc dc is off.

There is an mppt and a LiPo fully functioning in the remainder of the circuit.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic