question

jack-j avatar image
jack-j asked

Multiplus 3000 Issues After Firmware

I have a MultiPlus 3000 which I normally monitor through the VE.Bus Smart Dongle (Bluetooth). It updated firmware over VE Connect on Saturday (Multiplus on v430 and VE.Bus on v1.10). Since the update when I look at the Multiplus through VE Connect over Bluetooth the status is "fault" and the battery does not show any status. Occasionally it will match the remote screen showing the proper charging state, but changes to fault seconds after loading. I cannot replicate the conditions to make it show the correct status.

I connected my MK3-USB to the unit to see if I could troubleshoot. I open the Multiplus via the MK3 and it will show the correct status. After about 5 seconds, the screen reloads and the status bar works its way back to 100%. I am unable to view settings or manipulate anything as it reloads again in another 5 seconds.

The Multiplus has also rebooted itself several times without explanation. It comes back on after a 2-3 second period. It has happened with very small loads on the system with a 15A AC source and tonight it did it with a 50A split phase AC source and many loads on the system (but did not exceed 50A on either leg nor the combined capacity of the inverter). I don't know if these are related, but this is frustrating too.

Thank you for your assistance in advance.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
7 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·
For starters the multi would not have been updated. as 430 is a old firmware 482 is the latest Fw, but your smart dongle may have updated and this would not affect the multis operation, if you think it is then disconnect it.

I suggest you look at your battery voltages and also maybe get your installer to have a look at the system.

we cant much further as we would need to have a wiring diagram and some photos of your setup, plus more information as below.

battery voltage just before the multi turned off and also after it turned off

what batteries are you using

what is the battery brand and battery voltage when fully charged

what BMS are you using

0 Likes 0 ·
georgeleonardo avatar image georgeleonardo Paul B commented ·

battery voltage just before the multi turned off and also after it turned off

How would that affect things? I'm having a similar issue and I think my Multiplus turned off with a low battery warning. I can't make it work since.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B georgeleonardo commented ·
in other words to help more information is required. with the current info the question cant be answered
0 Likes 0 ·
jerooney avatar image jerooney Paul B commented ·

I am having the identical issues, including v430, and I can no longer limit AC input. The display rotates through Fault, Unknown and the correct legacy display. It shows v430 as the “latest version!”. Pretty useless! The version before the update was operating as normal.

0 Likes 0 ·
jerooney avatar image jerooney jerooney commented ·
Fixed - had to update iOS app, which reverted dongle to v1.09. Then everything cleared up.
0 Likes 0 ·
thehwk1 avatar image thehwk1 commented ·
I'm having the same problem. (Multiplus is v430 and VE.Bus is v1.10 and v1.04 bootloader) My VE connect goes from normal to unknown to fault. The SmartBMV is displaying the correct voltages and currents. I'm using Ampere Time batteries two 12v 300a
0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B thehwk1 commented ·

The FW 430 is the multiplus firmware NOT the apps FW so to help out, more information is needed, re your system.

ie how is everything connected what devices you have and whats being used.

a diagram and pictures would be usefull

you may also find that 430 fw is two old to work with the latest victron connect software . as I dont use that old 430 software anymore on my multiplus - I do not know for sure,

however - first of all to solve the issue you are having I suggest that multiplus should be upgraded to the latest firmware which is 485, this requires a mk3 usb to VE BUS converter and the VE Flash software - , I am NOT saying this is the case, but its what I would try first off.

1625380250625.png

As far as I know the multiplus inverter/charger firmware CANNOT be updated through Victron connect. However depending if you are connected to the VRM then there are options there that can also upgrade the Multiplus and Quattros remotely

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:remote-firmware-update

the SmartBMV unit is a different device so that may show normally

0 Likes 0 ·
1625380250625.png (9.4 KiB)
1 Answer
jerooney avatar image
jerooney answered ·

Fixed - had to update iOS app, which reverted dongle to v1.09. Then everything cleared up.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.