question

rodolphe-yonnesolaire avatar image
rodolphe-yonnesolaire asked

Multiplus keeping in transfer mode when grid available

Hello, I experience a strange behavior with an ESS system with Multiplus 3000/48 + Solar MPPT + CCGX + Pylon US3000c.

When the grid is OFF, all is running fine : Solar energy is going to house and battery and the house take power from battery if needed.

If I turn ON the Grid input, the multiplus stop to use solar et battery to power house and use its transfer mode from grid only. Solar is only used to charge the battery (if not full; when full the solar is around 0W).

Sure all firmware are to date and I checked 2 times my VE config, try to turn OFF (and disconnect all powers 3 minutes on the multi, try to restart several times the CCGX, try to intialise the multi from CCGX menu and so on....and the Bus-can cable is OK with 3000c (type A with ground wire on pin 6 instead of 2). I cannot understand why the multi stills in transfer mode with grid ON.

An idea for something I did not check

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rodolphe-yonnesolaire avatar image
rodolphe-yonnesolaire answered ·

Nobody to help ?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Before ESS mode came along, one could set the virtual switch to "ignore AC" mode, and the multi would only go for the grid when the battery is low.

2 |3000

shaneyake avatar image
shaneyake answered ·

This sounds like ESS is not configured. This is the normal UPS mode.
Have you turned off virtual switch and enabled and configured ESS assistant?

1 comment
2 |3000

rodolphe-yonnesolaire avatar image rodolphe-yonnesolaire commented ·
Yes , sure, I precise I already installed around 16 sites with Multi & Quattro with ESS, solar, inverter on AcOut, Batterries LFP and Li-IUon from LG and Pylon ...and so on and all are running fine.
0 Likes 0 ·