question

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh asked

BUG REPORT: CCGX Firmware V2.71

There is a bug in the CCGX firmware V2.71.

After updating to V2.71, my CCGX stopped recognising my MicroSD card as external storage under VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb - it showed "No storage found".

I tried two seperate MicroSD cards (both previously worked) - both not recognised by CCGX. Tried reformatting both MicroSD cards (16GB and 32GB Fat32) - not recognised by CCGX. Inserted a 16GB Fat 32 USB stick in the CCGX USB port - it WAS recognised by VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb as external storage.

I rolled back to the CCGX firmware V2.66 and both my MicroSD cards now work with VictronConnect/Settings/VRM Online Portal/MicroSD/Usb.

Can Victron please fix the bug in firmware V2.71 please.

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

I can confirm that a CCGX running v2.71 (or v2.72~2) does not recognize an SD card for VRM backup. The same is true for off-line software updates including at boot.

There is noting in /media on the CCGX with the SD card inserted.

Cerbo running v2.72~2 does recognize the SD card and uses it for VRM backup.

/media shows mmcblk0p1 when the SD card is inserted on Cerbo.

I used the same SanDisk Ultra 64 GB SD card formatted FAT 32 in both devices.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

digimer avatar image
digimer answered ·

I'm having the same issue; V2.72, Sandisk Extreme 128G. It says "no media found", but it works OK in my camera and laptop.

1 comment
2 |3000

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

Current on-line documentation says that the card must be a max of 32 GB. That said, I was able to use a 64 GB card formatted FAT 32. It may be that a 128 GB card can't be formatted FAT 32 which might explain the problem.

For grins, try a smaller card.

0 Likes 0 ·
bezda avatar image
bezda answered ·

Same here, firmware 2.73 - I've had 32G card in for over a year, suddenly after a last update it stopped working. Cerbo wouldn't even connect to VRM portal and send data, very difficult to find root cause. Card removed now and evreything is fine

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic