question

s-signor avatar image
s-signor asked

My Victron Connect bluetooth App is showing Fault on my Multiplus 12/3000/120-50 120v inverter then shows the proper state

screen-shot-2021-06-25-at-105936-pm.pngscreen-shot-2021-06-25-at-105635-pm.pngscreen-shot-2021-06-25-at-105629-pm.png

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
rwcran avatar image
rwcran answered ·

Did you update the Victron Connect firmware just beofre this started? The most recent firmawre update has a bug in it that couses this type of behavior. Victron is working on a fix and I am told it will be out soon.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

s-signor avatar image s-signor commented ·
Yes I did, so that may be the answer. I am in a campground with only 30amp and it is in the high 90's, so the hybrid function is not working. Thanks for the response
0 Likes 0 ·
rwcran avatar image rwcran s-signor commented ·

The firmware update is certainly causing your problem. The lesson here, for me at least, is never update my Victron Connect App for at least two months when a new update comes out. Two months will give Victron time to fix any bugs in the firmware releases. The Victron Connect App contains copies of all firmware for every Victron device. It was updating the Victron Connect App on my iphone that forced a mandatoiry update of the firmware on both the dongle and my multiplus. In this case I am not certain which firmware is actually cauring the problem, the smart dongle firmware or the multiplus firmware? I asked Victron but got a vague answer about it being both.

0 Likes 0 ·
rwcran avatar image
rwcran answered ·

You may be able to get your Multiplus working 100% again if you have Ve Configure on a laptop. Watch this video for details how to do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1Zceq02vMA

1 comment
2 |3000

s-signor avatar image s-signor commented ·
I do not have a way to use VE Configure interface on my system
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic