question

southsideph avatar image
southsideph asked

MultiPlus 1600 Remote Control

I have just purchased MultiPlus 1600, this is going to be fitted in a camper so I want to be able to switch the inverter on an off when required but it seems the remote connection will only allow you to switch the whole unit on and off. Am I missing something is there a way of doing this?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jesse avatar image
Jesse answered ·

The Bluetooth dongle is pretty neat - lets you choose between on/off/charger only/inverter only, plus control over AC input current limit and other useful details. The panel only gives you the 3 options I think - if you want to invert it will try and charge also (using the on option).

I haven't used the physical panel controller but it looks like a waste of money. Better to buy a Cerbo GX and a cheap touch screen off AliExpress instead if you want something you can touch.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

Having the remote input disable the Charger function is a pain. It would be good to have a firmware option to select between unit on/off and inverter on/off. Im trying to use this for external BMS control to shut the inverter down on low battery. It looks like the MK3 control is going to be needed which adds system expense.

2 |3000