question

danieli avatar image
danieli asked

Will Using Load Output Improve Charging Algorithm?

I just installed an MPPT controller. All my loads were connected to my batteries, and I left them there, so nothing is currently connected to the Load Output on the MPPT. I notice when I turn on and off loads, particularly things like charging a phone or tablet from a USB port, the controller responds by changing the charging state (e.g., from float to bulk).

It seems like the controller is seeing the load as if the battery was changing charge acceptance. I would think that is not optimal for the battery. If the loads were moved to the load output, would the controller better be able to distinguish battery acceptance from loads? Would it improve the charging algorithm and be better for my battery?

All the information about the load output that I found refers to its ability to avoid draining the battery, I didn’t see anything about this point, which would be an important feature.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It makes no difference where you connect the loads if they take energy. The "Load Output" terminals also connect the load to the battery when it is activated.
If the battery Voltage is dropping below the point to re-bulk then that's fine.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.