question

anthony-d avatar image
anthony-d asked

Smartsolar relay not responding unless unit in fault mode (mppt 250/60)

Hello All, I'm configuring a new system and have just powered-up my smartsolar mppt 250/60, to find that the relay does not operate as per parameters selected on the /settings/relay tab of victronconnect.

Essentially, the relay is non-responsive to any settings that should trigger it, for example /settings/relay/low voltage (then setting low voltage set-point to several volts above battery supply voltage).

What I have found is if the low voltage set-point is set way above supply voltage, then the unit goes into fault (#119, which requires factory default reset and power off for 3 mins to reset). Strangely, when the unit is in fault mode, the relay does close, as per settings, such as: low voltage, high voltage, and fault relay selections.

For background: unit rotary micro switch set to 7, prior to install; nothing has been connected to the relay outputs; 48v pylontech connected, currently at 50V; no control wire connected; no solar connected; unit updated firmware to v1.56, bluetooth interface firmware v2.25 and bootloader v1.11; settings can all be changed, as per pylon specification; victronconnect seems to work fine (via android phone).

I tried to re-update firmware, but this is not possible ('latest firmware already installed' or words to that effect.

Any pointers anyone?

Thanks, A.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers