question

sauceysensation avatar image
sauceysensation asked

Using Multiplus for just shore and then integrating solar.

Would it be possible to just wire up shore power to the Multiplus without solar at first? I don't want to drop ALL the money required for batteries, charge controller, panels, etc. right now. I'm installing the whole electrical system myself and just wanted to at least run shore power to make sure things are wired properly and such.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Jesse avatar image
Jesse answered ·

I don't think you can run a Multiplus without it being connected to batteries, nor would it's presence make any sense without them, but having batteries would be the only requirement. After that with shore power attached it is perfectly capable of charging and maintaining those batteries if properly configured without having any solar chargers in the system.

In fact if you're using DC MPPT controllers they don't usually interact with the multiplus in any way.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.