question

ecrijns avatar image
ecrijns asked

Connection Victron IP22 24/16 & Cyrix & Smart Hunt

Hi,

I have an Landcruiser from 1983. 24V system, so double battery in the front as starter. I added 2 batteries in the back so have also 24V. These are household batteries.

I connected the Smarthunt on the starter battery pack, the Victron Cyrix relais in between the front and back battery pack. I connected the IP22 Charger in on the back battery pack.

My first question is: My alternator will charge while I'm driving the starter pack and when these are full the relais will switch to the household pack. But will this also be the other way around. If I'm parked and I'm connected with the charger on 220v. Will the relais also work the other way around and charge the starter pack when the household pack is full?

My Second Questions: I have connected the Smart Hunt to see what happens with the battery starter pack. If I'm connected to the 220 Volt in the back, I see in the front the Smart Hunt says it takes around 4-5amps form the front starter pack. This can't be the Cyrix Relais or the Smarthunt, as they take just 0.1amp.

I hope you can help. I don't want to be stuck in the woods with no power to start the engine :-)

br,

EC

victron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic