question

Robert avatar image
Robert asked

Load output of Smart Solar MPPT 75/15 stuck in "on"

The Load output of my Smart Solar MPPT 75/15 seems to be stuck in "on" -- the jumper is removed, and if I set the load to always off in Victron.Connect, the display shows it as "off" but testing it with a small resistive load (two bulbs in series) shows that the current is still on. Would this indicate an electrical fault in the controller? (I tried resetting the settings to factory default, but still the same result.) Can its switch somehow have become short-circuited? Many thanks for any help!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

A fault is possible.

Have you also tested with a multimeter?

If this is important, I suggest returning to your supplier.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

Yes, I did check - and just now compared with a second unit: on the defective one, even when it is not connected to anything there is continuity between Battery + and Load +

Probably the best is to use the Tx port with a solid state relay instead. (The supplier is in Germany and I'm in France, so the shipping would be somewhat costly if I were to return it...)

2 |3000