question

Trevin Corkery avatar image
Trevin Corkery asked

BMV-712 Midpoint Voltage Deviation 99.4% on single 12V battery

I just bought the BMV-712 because I wanted to mess around with it and my flooded deep cycle battery (I am a programmer, so I wanted to design some software) but anyways I will admit I was kinda in a rush and didn't check the battery so I installed it backward at first. (Negative on Postive, vice versa) but I got scared and switched it around the unit turns on. But I am getting a beeping and it saying midpoint voltage deviation is at like 99.4%.

I read that I may have to replace the fuses or something, so how would I go about doing that? Or what do I need to do?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Trevin. With a single battery you'd need a centre terminal to add a midpoint wire. I suspect you don't have that, so it's detecting effectively 100% deviation from what it expects.

You should be able to turn off midpoint monitoring in the app, and the error will disappear.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.