question

Kelly Armfield avatar image
Kelly Armfield asked

Multiplus equalization does not seem to be working

I can't seem to achieve equalization voltage, see attached screen snip, I tried to equalize at around 1815hrs, but voltage went down instead of up.

system-battery-voltage-and-current-210613.jpg

I was wondering if I need to tick the 'Use equalization' box in the VE Configure to achieve this? See current VE setup in attached screen snip.

ve-configure-snip-210613.jpg

Thanks in advance, Kelly

MPPT Controllers
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
@Kelly Armfield

We would need to know more about your system. Are you charging from grid? do you have a gx device? What battery type are you using?

0 Likes 0 ·
Kelly Armfield avatar image Kelly Armfield Alexandra ♦ commented ·

Thanks so much for your response, details of our system are below, let me know if you need more information please.

• 28x250W panels
  • Batteries - 12 each Raylite MTL25S 1050AH 4 Volt
  • AC coupling - BlueSolar Charge Controller MPPT 150/70
  • DC coupling - Delta Inverter to distribution board, then Multiplus 48|5000|70-100
  • 10KVa genset
  • Color Control GX
  • BMV-700

Completely off grid, no grid connection.

In the summer I equalize through the controller (manually and locally).

In winter (at present) I would like to equalize via the Multiplus remotely via the CCGX whilst running the genset.

The screen snips above shows an attempt to equalize using the genset in winter where some days we get enough solar to fill batteries, but then not enough solar to equalize after absorption.

Thanks again, Kelly

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers