question

Andreas Jaunsen avatar image
Andreas Jaunsen asked

Possible to remote control Multiplus to force "Inverting"

I have replaced a previous installation which consisted of a separate charger and inverter with a new Multiplus 24/3000/70. From original, the boat installation has a very useful 3-way remote switch at the electrical panel to either turn off inverter, turn it on in Auto mode (which would assist any shore power or work as pure inverter without shore power). Finally, the switch also had a "50Hz only" mode which would provide inverting mode for a few critical 230V circuits like Washer, Outlets and 230V refrigeration that require 230V 50Hz sine (when shore power is 60Hz). In the "50Hz only" position the shore power would be disabled for these circuits and instead provided by the inverter (which would provide 230V / 50Hz) by use of a simple relay.

I am looking for a way to reinstate this functionality, preferably from the remote switch. However, I am only aware of the Multi+ allowing me to either turn on, off or turn on in "charger only" mode by way of the remote connector on the PCB. However this will only provide inverting when it is required (power assist), and I can see no way to remotely control it from a switch such as this. Is it possible to force the Multi+ into inverting mode from a remote switch, similar to how the "charger only" mode can be remote controlled? ... for instance is there a multiplus assistant functionality for this?

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andreas Jaunsen avatar image Andreas Jaunsen commented ·

I should add, the installation also contains a Venus GX with BMS+HE Li-ion batteries.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

This can easily be done with a seperate switch, there might be ways to do it with the Venus, but I don't know how :)

I used the 'aux 1' input in this exampe:

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.