question

mlsadler avatar image
mlsadler asked

Quattro 48/10000 output power keeps dimming lights

Am having issues with my victron Quattro inverter 48/10000/140-2x100 running firmware version 482, of late my batteries become weak but they still produce half their original energy which takes me through three quarters of the night so I configured my inverter to make use of the assistants to be able to automatically switch to pass through mode once the batteries are low instead of the system going off it switches to the grid but through the inverter without using the same grid to charge the batteries so batteries charge with solar only, the current problem am facing is that my lights keep dimming at some times yet I expect the inverter to have a stable output surprisingly it does this even in passthrough mode yet the AC input into the inverter goes through a 10KVA voltage regulator, I would expect this to happen only on batteries while in inverting mode, for some reason I used not to experience this issue when I was running a multiplus 48/5000, the issue started from the time I upgraded to the Quattro 48/10000 have tried upgrading firm still having the dimming lights issue.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Vance Mitchell avatar image Vance Mitchell commented ·
If it is happening in passthrough mode, it would appear to be a bad connection somewhere.

Whether it is a loose connection or an internal relay problem is a bit harder to diagnose, but I would check over all your connections in case something has come loose.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

I suspect your issue is the difference between the standard grid voltage and the inverter voltage setting

ie the grid is running at 220v or 110v

Inverter is set to 230v or120v

so when the inverter switches to grid then there is a drop in voltage and the lights dim

so adjust the Inverter voltage to match the Grid voltage by using VE config

1623467118514.png

1623467118514.png (36.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.