question

Henk avatar image
Henk asked

Quattro high voltage noted and lights flickering

An Off Grid system on a small resort with DC Coupled MPPTS @48V Nominal. Quattro 15KVA inverter. Set to 240VAC

Several times over the last month the client has noted flickering lights and can hear the inverter with a high pitch rattling unhealthy sounding noise. Lasting approx 10minutes.

On the portal it is noted the voltage is rising and unstable reaching 259VAC and 197VAC. Load is relatively normal at around 50% (4- 4.5KW) during the evenings.

Some output Circuits/Loads are then switched off and then restored again and the system settles back to normal.

Any suggestions would be appreciated on a cause.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Just some other things to check

check the firmware versions and if old upgrade to 482

is the generator running at the time. if so what are the input voltages as it maybe the inverter trying to sync with the generator,

Also check the disconnect voltages as if the gen is running then maybe the generator voltage output is to high.

Also as Rob says maybe one or two pumps or airs are coming on at one time and there start currents are causing a overload.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Henk, I would start with finding out if it is one particular load causing this issue.

Capacitive or inductive loads could be difficult for an inverter.

regards, Rob

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Henk avatar image
Henk answered ·

I have wondered that also, but it seems inconsistent.

The system has been operational for 12months and no problems till about one month ago, then it has happened twice in the last 24hrs.

There has been no load changes and guests to the resort are having drinks during that period that it happens in the evening and I noted this morning just after breakfast.

Can I show you the Voltage/Current graph from the CCQX. Need an email address!

I will do a firmware Update (remotely) later today when the guests are not in, as it needs to reboot etc. But I dont think that will fix the issue.

The client says that when he turns the loads off and then back on again the system is back to normal!

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

possible pointers

On one of my sites the generator starts up and syncs ok and then keeps de syncing and then re syncing, and to stop this happening I have had to disable Power assist, (not that its being used on this site anyway).

and I have also noticed that if the voltage low disconnect and reconnect are closer than 15 volts then The generator wont sync and or drops and sync as well.

0 Likes 0 ·