question

kevp avatar image
kevp asked

MPPT 100/20 Load output for switching a solid state relay

I want to use the 12v load output to switch a 220v fridge via a 12v/220v solid state relay(SSR) using the smart algorithm when the batteries are full. My AC comes from a pure sine wave inverter, through the SSR and powers up the main AC circuit in my camper. The fridge switches from gas to AC when the AC becomes available as expected. The problem I have is that when I remove the DC signal from SSR, my AC voltage drops to zero as you would expect, but then pulses momentarily to approx 110v on the multimeter, on and off ever second or so. This is enough to stop the fridge firing up into gas mode. I managed to stop this behaviour by plugging in a small load from a plug-in led night light into one of the other wall sockets. I can live with this solution, but would like to understand the problem and whether it could damage the fridge. Thetford N3000 series 142L fridge. 3500w PSW Inverter. Shaudt EBL 252 (but not in play for AC)

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers