Distortion on Multiplus 2 Output

My System:

ESS with:
3x Multiplus II 48/5000
2x MPPT 250/100
1x Fronius Symo 15 on AC out
8x Pylontech US3000
Cerbo GX

I have a problem with a device that can't handle the distortions of the Multiplus 2 output. Its a kitchen machine that won't spin up its drive if the Multis are aktiv. If i set the max inverter power to 0 everything works fine.
I know from research that the kitchen machine is known to make problems with inverters and every other device in my house works fine. So i don't think its the Multis fault, the mixer is just a bad device.

The weird thing is, that the mixer has no probem with the Fronius running at max power.

What are the differences between the output of the Fronius and of the Multi? Different switching frequencies?
Is there a way of adding a filter to the input of the kitchen machine?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

This MAYBE the cause

Check this . you have not mentioned where you are and what your AC main settings are ie 230/120 or 50/60hz

Anyway check the inverters Hz setting is ir 50 Hz or 60 Hz and make sure it matches the appliances requirement.

when the mains or the gen are working then the inverter will be on pass through and thus the hz will be set at the hz coming from the gen or the grid automatically and MAYBE but I dont knowe for sure also what the grid tie units are set to ???, once these are disconnected or the sun output drops then the hz will fall back to the setting in the inverter.

standard settings are

230 volt is 50Hz

110 volt is 60 hz

some country's have 230 volt 60Hz

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Nico Bayer avatar image Nico Bayer commented ·
Hi
Thanks for your reply.

I'm in Germany, so 230v 50Hz.

I don't think thats the problem, my system is set up to feed back into the grid, so the grid is always connected. The system would not work at all if it was set to the wrong frequency.

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B Nico Bayer commented ·

Nico yes the system would still work

if the grid disconnected then the inverter could change to 60hz if it was set wrong you would not even notice then when the grid came back it would change back to 50hz

Some washing machines and dish washers are hz sensitive all other stuff readdly does not care if its 50 or 60 hz.

Suggest you check the setting and make sure its set to 50hz

1623469151064.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1623469151064.png (67.0 KiB)
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Note some appliances have dc recitification creating harmonic currents inside and can cause issues with the Multiplus2 units.

The fronius is a liitle diffirent in operation it can handle harmonic currents as it has special filtering as the Victron does not.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

2 comments
2 |3000

Nico Bayer avatar image Nico Bayer commented ·
Hi

Thanks for your reply
So the only way of solving this is changing the powersupply of the kitchen machine with one with better rectification? (If that's even possible)

0 Likes 0 ·
Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie Nico Bayer commented ·
Hi

It is only one machine causing the issue?, toaster or kettle are OK as they are resistve loads.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

0 Likes 0 ·