question

midmaik avatar image
midmaik asked

Multiplus 48/5000 with Solar inverter on AC out

I have a Multiplus 48/5000 normally connected to my AC power grid on the AC IN site.

On the AC OUT, my AC loads are connected and in parallel with the ET112 Power Meter I have 5 Envertec AC inverters.

On the DC Site, I have 3 Pylontech Batteries.

Now my Victron reseller, sold me a box with a finder relais.

He told me that I need the box in case when the AC In Power Grid is offline, to disconnect the solar panels to avoid overcharging the pylontech batteries.

The Relais box will be controlled by a programmed K1 Switch in the Multiplus inverter.

Has everyone heard about that type of "safety" switch ?

Is it really nescessary ? I thoug the Multiplus has so much intelligence to control the charging voltage/current to avoid overcharging.

switch.png

Thanks in advance.

Maik

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
switch.png (25.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Nico Bayer avatar image
Nico Bayer answered ·

Can the output power of your Envertec AC inverters be controlled by frequency shift?

If not, the Multiplus has no way of reducing the power those inverters are producing when the battery is full.

In that case the best way would be to connect the Envertec AC inverters on the input side of the Multiplus, so when the grid goes down the Inverters are too.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

midmaik avatar image
midmaik answered ·

Ok understand, thank you.

But in case when i would like to have an offgrid system, in that case I don't have a power grid and then i should be possible to use my Multiplus inverter with the solar panels on the AC Out site, or not ?

Or to have such kind of Offgrid System I need to have other solar inverters ?

I use the Envertec EVT300 inverters.

1 comment
2 |3000

Nico Bayer avatar image Nico Bayer commented ·

I dont think there is a good way to use those inverters off-grid.

Do you need those micro inverters? You could use one MPPT für your solar. That would work on and off grid.

0 Likes 0 ·