question

Chandler Hoisington avatar image
Chandler Hoisington asked

BMV-712 Time Remaining Infinite, Current & Power both 0

I read through the other questions asked on this and couldn't find an answer. Hopefully this thread helps someone else.

The voltage on the app goes up and down depending on what I have plugged in so I'm pretty sure it's wired correctly but the Time remaining always says "Infinite", the consumed Ah never changes from 0, Power never changes from 0 and Current never changes either.

I charged the battery on my trailer by plugging in shore power, then gave it a full charge and then ran the "Synchronize SOC to 100%" and I also flipped the load shutoff switch and calibrated it to Zero Current.

I've double checked that the shunt is wired correctly, pictures attached.
I also removed the rock lights and the ground wire, neither changed anything.

Does anyone have any ideas? The hardware setup wasn't too bad but the app settings are insanely confusing. I've attached those as well.

Also these are my settings for the Marine Master DC24 (CCA @ 0 is 500), hope it might help someone, but I'm only about 30% confident the settings are right.

img-2806.jpg

img-2797.jpg

img-2805.png

img-2804.png

BMV Battery Monitor
img-2806.jpg (123.6 KiB)
img-2797.jpg (82.2 KiB)
img-2805.png (352.9 KiB)
img-2804.png (381.6 KiB)
img-2804.png (381.6 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

You will have to move the chassis earth, and the light negative to the loads/charger side of the shunt.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Chandler Hoisington avatar image Chandler Hoisington commented ·

Ah. Interesting. Okay I'll try that.

0 Likes 0 ·
Chandler Hoisington avatar image Chandler Hoisington Chandler Hoisington commented ·

For those that are struggling with this problem. I moved all negative leads to the shunt and everything works now.

img-2807.jpg

img-2808.jpg

img-2809.png

0 Likes 0 ·
img-2807.jpg (114.5 KiB)
img-2809.png (353.0 KiB)
img-2808.jpg (74.7 KiB)
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Looks like the typical mistake. There is no current going through the shunt.

Only one cable is connected to the negative of the battery and that cable is going to the "battery-only" side or the shunt.

EVERY other negative/ground have to be connected to the "load/charger" side of the shunt.

We had this problem very often here in the community. If you looked through some other questions you should have seen some of them.

1 comment
2 |3000

Chandler Hoisington avatar image Chandler Hoisington commented ·

Yep. That doesn't make sense in my head... but I moved all negative leads to the shunt and it works! Thanks so much for the help.

0 Likes 0 ·