question

waltschn avatar image
waltschn asked

orion 12/12 30 how to factory reset?

Hi,

I may need to reset my Orion smart TR 12/12 30 to the factory default to get the Bluetooth to let me log in. It wants a PUK, which I have on the box, but the unit doesn't take it and results in an ff00 error code as shown on my phone. Tried both upper and lower case letters, and double checked it a few times, It then wants to wait a while to try it again. I can see the device, from Bluetooth and I can connect to my other Victron devices just fine. This unit is new, and it will not let me in to set up the parameters at all. (BMV 712 works, MMPT 150-30 works, Victron inverter works, all on Bluetooth on the same phone).

The unit was just installed.

First time, trying to connect at all. (lots of other boats with Victron stuff near by, so i would not be surprised if someone tried to connect into it by mistake.)

I have the PUK on the box. That does not work.

Is there some other default password?

Does it have a factory reset button someplace to restore the default settings?

Is there some other solution to resolve this or does that error code mean the unit is defective?

Thank you,

Walt

Orion DC-DC Converters not smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
rodneyab avatar image
rodneyab answered ·

@waltschn i'm no expert...i've had some very frustrating PUK and 'pairing' experiences with my smartphone and my device list. if you go back and find a post of mine on nov 07 2020 with "pairing", it may hold a clue to your issue with entry of PUK. may not be your answer, but the device is most likely not defective, and you have to persevere with multiple retry.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rodneyab avatar image rodneyab commented ·

addition: see post oct31,2020, 'sbp no blue light'

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @waltschn,

The error FF00 means that the connection, which is required to reset the pin code, failed to be established.

A few things to try:

1. Remove the Orion from the list of Bluetooth devices in your phone settings.
  2. Try with a different phone

If both of those don't work, then we'll replace the unit for you, preferably via the dealer where you bought the product.

Note that I don't really understand why it wants a PUK. Perhaps you can post a few screenshots or explain in detail how it asks for a PUK?

I'm sorry that you are having this issue!

Matthijs

2 |3000

waltschn avatar image
waltschn answered ·

So this was resolved with two things... a newer iPhone device and an updated victronconnect app. The older iPhone 5 and the older app didn't work right at all. Despite the older iPhone working fine with three other victron devices on the boat and seeing the 12/12 30.... After logging in with an iPad and the latest victron app, it worked fine. After it worked, the older iPhone and older app still would not work with the Orion 12/12 30, still need to try an update on the phone. Thank you for all the help.

2 |3000

mototravel avatar image
mototravel answered ·

Is there a way to do a reset on the Orion smart TR 12/12 30? Both LEDs remain off on the units... Bluetooth LED is not on and same with the On/Off LED.

2 |3000