question

tcason avatar image
tcason asked

3600W isolation transformer wiring for in water operation

I have a 3600W isolation transformer. ITR040362041 HQ1542RV7P1

I am trying to confirm that in the water I should connect a wire from the PE input side of the circuit to the J34A male spade connector. There has been a lot of back and forth on the forum and I am trying to get a simple answer on this question. I assume I have to make up this wire myself. I would also appreciate any input on wire gauge for this bit.

Tom

Isolation Tranformer
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Yes, from PE IN to J34A. All wires are included.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tcason avatar image tcason commented ·

Matthias. Thank you for the information. I only had 3 wires when delivered. Two black female to female jumpers to configure for 115 volts and the yellow/green jumper for out of the water operation from 34A to 34. Any info on wire gauge for the in-water connection wire? The PE on my unit only has the input wire clamp with no "top" clamp as shown in the cartoon drawing included with the unit. In my unit, I would have to piggyback the 34A wire into the same opening as the PE wire for the input power cable.

Does that make sense?

Tom

0 Likes 0 ·
Peter avatar image Peter tcason commented ·
Tom, I am trying to figure out the same thing and it seems there is some loss in interpretation of the manual. It says included wires but you cant connect to the PE input without inserting a bare wire into the terminal, if you want to connect thr PE input to the J34 male slide connector. Maybe that the PE Input is internally connected to the terminal next to it, and you dont have to connect it. But when you are out of water on shore power, you just connect the two slide connectors with the supplied wire with female ends. Im still waiting for confirmation on this, but you should be able to test the continuity between the PE in and that terminal J34 to confirm.
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic