question

naude-eckard avatar image
naude-eckard asked

VE Config -PV power info with 2 arrays

Hi there,

Am I right in saying that the settings in this screen will effect how the BMS systems controls the charging of the batteries?

ve-connect-array-setup.jpg

(NOT MY SYSTEM, ONLY A PICTURE I FOUND ON THE FORM.)

At the moment i have a Fronius 8.2-1 installed with 2 arrays (east and west facing). Each array is 6000w, so it is within the 150% PV over-sizing of the Fronius specifications. The system is setup to do zero feed in to the grid.

The plan is to add a Multiplus ii 48/8000 or 10 000 unit (when they are available in South Africa) to the system with a 16kwh Blue Nova battery. (plus Cerbo GX and what else is needed)

The installed PV inverter power will be 8200w (unit rating)

My question one is this:

What should i make the total installed PV panel power? 6000W or 12 000W

There is no setting or option in these settings that caters for twin array systems (that i could see)

The only time during the year that this system might be able to produce 12kwh is in the middle of Summer at midday, the rest of the time it should be much lower.

Question 2:

Once i do this installation, should (can) I limit the production power of the Fronius to eg. 8200W?

I don't know what will happen if the loads in the house are low and it is a really good production day for the PV. Will all the extra power be pushed into my battery or can you restrict the amount of charge current from the PV to the battery in these conditions. (PV will be connected to the AC-1 output of the Multiplus)

Thank you,

Naude.

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers