question

Alessio Guscetti avatar image
Alessio Guscetti asked

Multiplus II 24/3000/70-32 Smart Dongle problem

I have a problem with the smart dongle. When I connect via bluethoot to the inverter, the smart dongle is in secondary mode because it detects a colour control. But I do not have a colour control installed in the VE.Bus network.

Can someone help me?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The dongle always starts in secondary mode and will switch to primary mode after around 30sec if there is no GX device connected.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vebus_smart_dongle_manual#modes_of_operation

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alessio Guscetti avatar image Alessio Guscetti commented ·

Right, I read the same thing, but it doesn't change mode even after a long time.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Alessio Guscetti commented ·

Is there anything else connected to the VE.Bus or only the dongle?

0 Likes 0 ·
Alessio Guscetti avatar image Alessio Guscetti Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Only the dongle

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Alessio Guscetti commented ·

Try to change the RJ45 cable and also try to use the other RJ45 port

0 Likes 0 ·
Alessio Guscetti avatar image Alessio Guscetti Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Already tried, is there no possibility of resetting the Multiplus II? I think the problem is not with the dongle, but with the Multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·

I guess you already tried to switch the Multi OFF and ON.

To get access to the settings of the Multi you will need a MK3 Interface.

Is you Multi maybe one with an internal GX module?

0 Likes 0 ·

Yes.
I also think that the only solution is a Color Control or an MK3.

No, it doesn't have a built-in GX.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alessio Guscetti avatar image Alessio Guscetti Alessio Guscetti commented ·

Danke viel mal für deinem zeit, ich habe jetzt mit dem MK3 Usb was machen können.

Nun, ist mit der smart dongle immer das gleiches.

0 Likes 0 ·