question

palom170 avatar image
palom170 asked

Ac-in limit current doesn't work

Dear community, I have a victron multiplus II 48/5000/70, I am using ess, heavy loads in ac in with fronius, critical loads in ac-out 1, the meter is et-112, I limit the current on AC in with the value of 6A with power assist enabled, but it doesn't work. The victron firmware is 482 and Venus os 2.66. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

screenshot-2021-05-24-23-04-39-634-comandroidchrom.jpg

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
justmurph avatar image
justmurph answered ·

I’ve encountered a similar problem with my Multiplus 24/5000.

Is your load reactive, I.e. has a low power factor?

You can read my thread here: https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/86435/multiplus-5k-ignores-input-current-limit-with-powe.html?childToView=88142#comment-88142

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

palom170 avatar image palom170 commented ·

Thank you so much for your answer, the loads that I connect to check it are an oven and one microwave.

0 Likes 0 ·
palom170 avatar image
palom170 answered ·

What is very strange is that I connect all of loads in AC out 1,and I use the same loads in the last example, the system take the energy from the battery, and from the grid only 30w.

screenshot-2021-05-24-23-06-51-312-comandroidchrom.jpg

2 comments
2 |3000

justmurph avatar image justmurph commented ·

That shouldn't make a difference as electrically, the load is connected the same inside the inverter as far as i know.

You problem sounds like it might be different to mine, as your loads should be resistive, i.e. a power factor close to 1. Try going into devices in on your GX devices, go to the inverter and look at the current and voltage for your output. Multiplying them will give you the apparent power. What your GX device is reading for the power is the real power.

Real power / Apparent power = Power factor

If it's above 0.8, then it won't be my issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
palom170 avatar image palom170 justmurph commented ·

Thanks for your answer, I think ac-in limit current and power assist only work with the internal sensor. It doesn't take in account the reading value of the meter et112, I have to check it, but I doubt that it can know if the current is provided by the public grid or by one inverter in the ac-in.

Thanks in advance.images.png

0 Likes 0 ·
images.png (3.7 KiB)