question

rhowen avatar image
rhowen asked

Quattro 12/5000/220 with AT&ELCI trips onboard ELCI on shore power but not on Invertor?

A USA boat with European Quattro 12/5000/220 with AT and ELCI installation to take 50A 240V split phase shore power and provide dual 120VAC feeds to either side of our circuit panel. Input neutrals are abandoned and L1, L2's are connected to first input on Quattro. Ground relay on AT is working properly and Ground relay on Quattro disabled. All professionally installed per Vectron recommended schematic for this scenario.

All loads work nominally on Invertor power when grounding relay is active on the AT. Under Shore or Genset Power, the compressor start on the AC or Fridge trips the ELCI. I know this is a common earth leakage scenario on older boats. I don't understand why everything works fine on invertor but compressors trip the ELCI on Shore/Gen power. I believe it has something to do with moving the Neutral/Ground bond when the AT ground relay opens, but why wouldn't the ELCI see the same leakage in the compressors when running on the invertor? Maybe the compressors find an alternate ground path around the ELCI?

Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers