question

johnconnell avatar image
johnconnell asked

How have 2 victron systems caught fire?

i would like to understand how 2 separately installed victron systems failed with devastating consequence.

first system was installed in 2019 - 5000w 110v inverter - a/c input burnt out - fortunately we smelt the burning wire and managed to disconnect the system before further damage occurred.

on our return to the uk in 2020 we had another victron system installed at a total cost of over £25,000. Including other items - by a victron approved dealer. This time it was a 5000w 220v inverter system

within a few weeks from completion this system failed catastrophically with a total and devastating loss of my rv, my friends rv, 3 cars, a horse trailer and nearly my home!

a forensic fire investigator has established the location of the fire and it was in the locker with all the victron equipment

victron
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello John, I am very sorry to hear you have encounters this. As I don't have any further information I cannot comment on what has happened here. If you want me to have a look please sent further information to jboonstra@victronenergy.com. What I can tell you that its very rare something like this happens. I can have various reasons but I don't want to jump to conclusion before any details are clear.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

johnconnell avatar image
johnconnell answered ·

Dear mr boonstra - I have emailed you back but I haven’t received a response from you.

would you please respond by return

thank you John

2 |3000

johnconnell avatar image
johnconnell answered ·

Dear mr boonstra

i still haven’t received a response from you! Please have the curtesy of replying to my question

1 comment
2 |3000

Hello

I didn’t see any mail coming from you.

Sure the used email adress was correct ?

Could you try again ?
jboonstra@victronenergy.com

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic