question

mwuerslin avatar image
mwuerslin asked

day night detection voltage MPPT 100/20

Hello,

I am using the street light function on my 100/20 controller. The setup is for 24 volt.The night detection voltage is set to 8 volts and day at 10 volts. The light will not come on till it's pitch black outside. Now I am thinking these are the setting for a 12 volt system. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Markus W.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

What sort of arrangement are your solar panels in. The more PV cells in series the higher Voltage the array will have even at sunset / dusk. Did you try to increase the night detection Voltage level?
You might need to experiment with this yourself to suit your environment / solar panel arrangement.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dukemadison1978 avatar image
dukemadison1978 answered ·

If you have not already figured this out. You need to go into the battery section of the settings and change it from 12V to 24V and then all the other settings will adjust for a 24V system.

2 |3000