question

carl-dewever avatar image
carl-dewever asked

Connect both multiplus and alternator to Argo FET input?

Hi,
I currently have my multiplus connected directly to my service battery and the alternator connected to the input of my Argofet. The service battery is conencted to output 1 of the argofet, the engine battery to output 2 of the argofet and the battery of my bowthruster to output 3
In this configuration :
- when the alternator runs all 3 battery systems are charged : service, engine and bowthruster.
- when the multiplus is charging (connected to the grid), it only charges the service battery. The engine battery is charged as I connected the connnector meant for that on the multiplus directly to the engine battery.
- however my bowthruster battery is not charged at that moment.

However, I was thinking : why don't I connect the multiplus also to the input of the Argofet instead of directly to the service-battery, that way when the multiplus charges, it will also charge the bowthruster-battery?
Is this possible?

Multiplus-IIArgo FET Diode
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi, welcome to the Community!

Unfortunately no, this will not work.

The MultiPlus must be connected to a single battery bank with a single reference voltage only.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.