question

Edgar Graadt van Roggen avatar image
Edgar Graadt van Roggen asked

Thermal breaker on AC IN of Multiplus

Hi dear community, I know this question has been asked before, but I didn't see any answers. I want to check whether the thermal breaker has tripped on a Multiplus Compact 24/2000 at one of my clients´ installation. The charger is not taking the generator input and I have already done all the recommended generator parameters adjustments on the Multiplus via Remote Config. The problem has to be something else. The manual says to reset the thermal breaker if the charger is not working, but the front plate of the Multiplus does not have any sign of a breaker. It must therefore be on the inside I presume. I am not physically close to the installation, so I want to guide my customer on how to do it.

Thanks for any pointers.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Edgar Graadt van Roggen

To my knowledge it is the little red button on the front.

https://www.taiwantrade.com/product/thermal-circuit-breaker-for-fuse-replacement-a-0710w-2a-20a-2120251.html#

But when I looked up your model it is not there...

It may be a good step in trouble shooting to check the acceptance with a grid source. Some generators especially those without a proper AVR can give bad wave form that make the multi reject them even with all the relevant settings.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Pretty sure that the thermal fuse is under the top panel. Component D.

multiplus-2000.pngAppendix A from the manual.

multiplus-2000.png (60.2 KiB)
2 |3000