question

bitcrusher avatar image
bitcrusher asked

devide 230V input before multiplus, to feed a fridge

got a question:

is it possible to devide the 230V input signal (see drawing) to feed a fridge not over the multiplus (it has an automatic mode that should switch to gas, if no mains are available). I know that the multiplus 3K has an extra output for that, but not the multiplus 2k.

thanks!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bitcrusher avatar image bitcrusher commented ·

corresp drawing

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

Yes use as in the drawing is perfectly ok.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bitcrusher avatar image
bitcrusher answered ·

ok thanks,

so there is no problem, when the multiplus switches N and PE together in inverter mode?

e.g. when running in inverter mode (PE and N together, no mains) and when suddenly shore power comes back, I might have N at the fridges PE conductor until the multiplus switches back? is that a problem? maybe for the GFCI/FI? or am I wrong?

6 comments
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

I have to admit I'm no expert on ground connections...

But that has nothing to do with your refrigerator :)

1 Like 1 ·
bitcrusher avatar image bitcrusher boekel ♦ commented ·

Thanks ;-)

0 Likes 0 ·
bitcrusher avatar image bitcrusher commented ·

Do I Need another RCD at the Outsider of the Multiplus?

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ bitcrusher commented ·

Yes! you do.

1 Like 1 ·
bitcrusher avatar image bitcrusher boekel ♦ commented ·

Thanks so far! Great Help!

...just one more question (then I might be happy ;-)

In case of I would NOT Split the input signal and let everything run through the multiplus ( Standard config). Could I just take the RCD that I already have and wire it on the output instead after CEE Input? (When There is nothing in between CEE and multiplus) Or do I Need two RCDs anyway?

Which one is more „important“ ?

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ bitcrusher commented ·

The CEE source (shore power?) should already have an RCD, I don't know what improvements can be made, will probably be different depending on the country / region also.

0 Likes 0 ·