question

mikemosha avatar image
mikemosha asked

Multiplus 24/3000 tripping during inverting goes between low battery and inverting

My inverter keeps restarting every 20mins or so, shows low battery solid light then goes back to inverting after like 5 -10 seconds.

I have lead-acid batteries connected to the Multiplus 24/3000

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Then I would measure the battery voltage at the battery and also at the inverter. There are also setting inside the inverter for low battery warning and low battery shutoff and voltage to turn back on. check these with a MK3 VE-BUS to USB unit

Suspect the unit is shutting off on low battery off (about 20v) and then coming back on when the LA batteries slowly recover (24 volts) from the load applied and it then turns back on.

If the setting have not been changed from default then I suspect the batteries are Flat or cant supply the power required anymore and may need replacing.

Check your voltages and monitor them until it turns off Really the voltages should NOT go under 24.4 volts and preferably 24.8 volts

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.