question

assaadeldleptany avatar image
assaadeldleptany asked

Multiplus 2 AC-1 breaker sizing

Hi everyone,

My house's load is 30A. I am installing a solar system and I am thinking of a Multiplus 2 3000VA which should be enough.

I want all my house to be connected to the critical load output, however I have few concerns below.

- If my load is 25 and PV's are supplying 20A, the grid when on will compensate the rest 5A needed. correct?

- What will happen if my load is 20A and suddenly the grid goes off? Knowing that the inverter output power is 11A (2400W), what will happen then?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
If my load is 25 and PV's are supplying 20A, the grid when on will compensate the rest 5A needed. correct?

Depending on you configuration the MultiPlus will take the 5A from the battery.

What will happen if my load is 20A and suddenly the grid goes off? Knowing that the inverter output power is 11A (2400W), what will happen then?

If there is no PV power availabe in that moment the MultiPlus will shut down due to overload.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

assaadeldleptany avatar image assaadeldleptany commented ·

Many hanks Matthias.

One more question, can we setup the priorities to be:

1- PV

2- Grid

3- Batteries?

For example if load s 20 A and the PV are supplying 15A, can the rest be taken from the grid when available?

0 Likes 0 ·