question

Thomas avatar image
Thomas asked

Lynx Distribution with empty connection show red LED

Hi,

I've connect my two Lynx Distribitions over the RJ9 to USB Kabel. It's works.

Polyntech, Multiplus and 3 MPPTs are connected on the Lynx.

3 places on the Lynx are free.

the LEDs on the free places and the power LEDs are red. On the used places the LEDs are off.

Is there a workaround to ignore the free spaces so that the normal green LEDs are displayed?

Best regards

Thomas

led
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Thomas Heins,

there should be no free places or in other words, you must install all fuses, even if not used.

From the manual:

6.2.4. Place Lynx Distributor fuses

Before placing fuses, first check if the bottom nuts of the middle row are tightened correctly to a use torque moment 10Nm.

Place all 4 fuses, even if not all 4 circuits are used. Placing dummy fuses in the unused circuits will prevent the red warning LED to illuminate.

The second fuse connection has a wire with cable lug that is already connected to it. Leave this wire in place and place the fuse on top of the red cable lug.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Thomas avatar image Thomas commented ·

Sorry, I kind of missed that.

Many thanks for the quick response.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Thomas commented ·

You're welcome :)

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic