question

codingparadox avatar image
codingparadox asked

Can Quattros boost sagging shore power voltage?

I'm at a marina with poor power (looks like _really_ long wire runs), and if you pull ~10 amps from the shore, input voltage sags to ~108VAC. This is low enough that our (older Cruisair) air conditioner units freak out and don't operate properly, even with powerassist kicking in to feed some current past the 13 amp limit I'm giving shore power. I can't seem to find any way to set up the quattros to bascially power assist sagging voltage, though. I'd love some way to make it boost back up to 120VAC but still use whatever wattage it can from the shore. Right now it looks like I'm going to have to run A/C for a while then switch back to shore power after our 30kWh of batteries get low enough.

Not the end of the world, just annoying. I know the further north we get the more marinas we'll have with 30 and 20 amp power so this won't be the first time we run into this issue. At least I figured out from the forums how to use VE Configure to disable "switch as group" so my multiphase system is happy to work off single-phase input. :)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

No, as long as AC in is present and within the configured parameters it is passed through as it is and the Multi follows that voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.