question

jabawaki avatar image
jabawaki asked

Grid Setpoint definition

Hi I am having a hard time understanding the definition of grid setpoint:

This sets the point at which power is taken from the grid when the installation is in self-consumption mode. Setting this value slightly above 0W prevents the system from feeding back power to the grid when there is a bit of over-shoot in the regulation. The default value is therefore 50W - but should be set to a higher value on large systems.

Does this mean during self-consumption mode, 50W (assuming default values) is always drawn from AC? I'm just a little confused by the statement "This sets the point at which power is taken...". Is this statement equivalent to saying "This value represents the amount of power drawn from AC input..."

I appreciate your response=)

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·
Does this mean during self-consumption mode, 50W (assuming default values) is always drawn from AC?

Yes, but not exactly 50W. The system will aim for 50W, but as the load varies, the power drawn from the grid will oscillate around that value (sometimes less than 50W, sometimes more than 50W; it can even feed power into the grid for a short time).

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jabawaki avatar image jabawaki commented ·

Got it. Do you have visibility into how much the system is using for this purpose at any given time? Might be helpful for refining the 50W value.

0 Likes 0 ·