question

maud avatar image
maud asked

Mppt 75/15 doesn’t work

Hi,

Maybe someone here can help me.

I’ve installed the mppt according to the manual. First the battery, second the solar panels (pv).
there is no load installed.
when I measure the voltage on the pv, 70v comes from the panels.
the battery is 24,5v.

only the green light is constantly on. When I remove te fuse the orange light turns on. When I replace the fuse the organge light disappears.

The only thing I’m doubting about is the jumper of the battery life. It fell out when I removed the fuse and I putted it back. As far as I understand it’s only used when a load is connected. But that’s the part I don’t really understand.

Why doesn’t it work? Does anyone know?

Regards Maud

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Maud

I assume it is a blue solar mppt? Is it possible you have reversed the polarity of the panels?

When you connect the battery the green light should come on, when you connect pv the orange light should start flashing if it is charging.

https://www.victronenergy.com/accessories/ve-direct-bluetooth-smart-dongle

The easiest thing to do it buy the bluetooth smart dongle and use victron connect to see what is going on.

If you have the smart solar then just download the app and use it.

The jumper is there for the load putput connections so if you arent using those dont stress about that right now.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.