question

randy-putnam avatar image
randy-putnam asked

Silly question about IP67

I just finished my planned install of Victron product on our 1977 Trojan F26 boat: BMV712, Orion Smart 12-12/30, Victron MPPT 30 (for 2- 170W PV in parallel), AND 1 Victron IP67 battery charger = all running to/from 2 Battle Born 100AH LiFEPO4 house bank, in parallel. One 70AH FLA starter/engine battery with Victron Battery Sense. All are working fine and having the Bluetooth feature is a great benefit.

Here’s the “Silly Question”: When I unplug the IP67 from the AC power socket in the boat the LED lights stay on. I’m sure this is due magical doodads in the IP67 slowly “blinking out” from the lack of AC life support, but it freaked me out so I wound up disconnecting the IP67 negative lead from the house bank just be sure the IP67 was “dead”…it the LEDs went off.

How long does it take the IP67 to “die” (ie LEDs to turn off) after it’s unplugged from AC power?

battery charging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Randy Putnam

Not a silly question - I do remember my first freak out over it as well.

The answer is really based more on what the battery or load is drawing from the charger.

Observations - if it was still giving a heavy like bulk charge - the leds go off fairly quickly.

If it is in storage - you start quesitoning after a while if you really did unplug from AC or not? If in absorption a long time as well but not as long as when in storage mode.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

randy-putnam avatar image randy-putnam commented ·

Thanks, Alexandria, I feel better already!

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic