question

david-j avatar image
david-j asked

IP65 smart charger does not update

3 units updated however the 4th unit says it has the latest firmware but it does not?

firmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

To check what version is installed go to settings -> the three dots in upper right corner -> product info

The lasted version should be 3.21

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

heinzie avatar image
heinzie answered ·

Please correct me if i am wrong but i thought 3.25 is the latest version?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I don't have a IP67 charger to check it so I just used the demo library and it shows 3.21.

0 Likes 0 ·
elton42 avatar image
elton42 answered ·

Hi, I have the same issue. The Victron Connect App connects to my Blue Smart Charger IP65, shows an update dialog and when I'm starting the update process it stops between 6 an 16% with an X88 communication error (Vreg Ack timeout). The Update information screen shows "actual version:none .... new version: 3.25"

3 comments
2 |3000

heinzie avatar image heinzie commented ·

I also have this problem with multiple chargers. The problemen is if the update is not finished, it leaves the charger without any firmware thus useless.

For me the problem occured with any charger i try to update. The solution:

Update with another Phone or machine.

So it seems the problem is with my Phone combined to the update. Re-installing victron connect doesnt help and restarting and updating my Phone also not.

I heard this problem is with multiple users

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ heinzie commented ·

I updated dozen (or hundreds) of Victron Smart devices and never had any problems.

Many years I used a Samsung S7 and since 4 months a OnePlus 8T.

If a update fails and VictronConnect shown "none" you should be able to install the update again.
As I know it is hard to brick a device with a failed Update because the bootloader is never touched. So worse case is you end up with a device with no FW but a working bootloader to try again.

0 Likes 0 ·
heinzie avatar image heinzie Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Correct. But if an update fails and you dont have another device to restart and finish the update, the charger will become useless for that moment because it has no firmware. Yes, you can alvast restart the update procedure another time.

I have tried to install an update on around a dozen chargers the last 3 weeks, and had the problem on every single one of them. I necer had it before and i heard other Installers also have this problem in some ocasions on some phones

I know there are multiple topics about this issue, but for sure there is something weird about V 3.25

Also, for the ip65 as the topic is about, he last update is 3.25 for the ip67 inderdaad the demo shows 3.21

0 Likes 0 ·
Dmitrij IT avatar image
Dmitrij IT answered ·

I can confirm this is still an issue in 2023. Just tried updating from 3.21 to 3.25 , and got X88 communication error (Vreg Ack timeout). I didi reinstalls, clear data, clear cache, on and off, nothing helped. However - another phone did update it without any issues . victronfailed.jpg

victronfailed.jpg (665.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic