question

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh asked

Display Historical Data On Grafana From CCGX Backlog

We live on a boat and I have a CCGX connected to a BMV-712, Quattros’ and Smart MPPT. I connect to the CCGX with my MacBook Pro via GSM Wifi. All works great with VictronConnect and with the VRM Portal. I recently discovered Victron-Docker-Grafana and I have got this working with live data over a GSM Wifi - works great.

I want to display historical data (instead of live data) on the same Grafana Dashboard using the Backlog file created by the CCGX and VRM. Ideally, I would like to discard the VRM Portal altogether and use the Backlog data (Sqlite3?) with Grafana, but I cannot work out how to create the Backlog file without sending it to the VRM Portal (it is erased when the CCGX connects to the internet).

Can I display historical data from the Backlog file on the Grafana Dashboard (and if so, how)? Can anyone suggest how I get over my communications problem, but continuing to use a Wifi solution?

VictronConnect
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Ok, worked out how to connect my MBP to the CCGX and view live data on Grafana Dashboard, and continue to save the Backlog file to the micro-sd card in the CCGX. Can give details if anyone wants to know.

Now, all I need to know is how to display the historical Backlog data (on the micro-sd card) on the Grafana Dashboard. Can anyone help please?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Anyone installed phpLiteAdmin with Victron-Docker-Grafana running on Mac Big Sur? Does it work OK with an sqlite3 database?

How do you install phpLiteAdmin on a Mac - can’t get it to install.

2 |3000

kevinvh avatar image
kevinvh answered ·

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to access the vrmlogger-backlog.sqlite3 file with Victron-Docker-Grafana for macOS, or accessing it with Docker-Grafana or Grafana direct?

I have spent a week chasing my tail on this and am totally confused.

1 comment
2 |3000

Ulrich avatar image Ulrich commented ·

The data for Grafana is stored in an InfluxDB. Can the data from the SQLite DB be written into a CSV file and then imported into the InfluxDB?

There is a SQLite plugin for Grafana that can be used to access the data directly.

Where does the SQLite table come from?

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources