hdp avatar image
hdp asked

Generator disconnect

Good day,

I've got the following system:

3 x 10KVA Quattro's

CCGX

30kWh Lithium battery (freedomWon)

25KVA FAW (charging limit of 4kW per phase to preserve the generator at approx. 50% running mode) Generator comes on at 20% SOC automatically, stops at 75%

10kWp PV (with 2 x 250/100 Mppt's)

It seems that the Quattro disconnects the generator as soon as the load draws more than 4kW on any phase when the generator is running, then tries to connect again. It will only connect when the load is reduced.

Is there a way to set the victron system that it maintains a constant charge by default (currently set at 4kW per phase), but allows more power from the generator when required for the load occasionally?

Hope it makes sense?

One solution I thought of is to put each geyser (1 per phase) on contactors disconnecting automatically when the generator comes on

Generator
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

You can configure ac input per phase, also battery charge limit per phase..

Set your ac input 50% higher than you batt charge requirements

I think...

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @HDP

I'm curious as to why the Quattros trip in the first place. PowerAssist should supplement the genset input with battery power before it trips. You must have it turned off?

Now I'm unfamiliar with FreedomWons, and there is indeed a screen in the literature which shows the PA box unticked.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:freedomwon

But they don't speak of it there, and I can't see why it couldn't be used.

Unless you know the reason, you could try it..

If it's already ticked, then something else is wrong.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

Just a thought: If the AC input limit is set too high, the generator may be overloading and frequency or voltage dropping before the Quatros think power assist is needed.

2 |3000