question

kilworth-marine avatar image
kilworth-marine asked

Can a 12/3000 Quattro use an external AC current sensor to power assist a generator greater than 50A

I wish to fit a Quattro 12/3000 on a boat with a 17.5kW (76A) generator. The battery bank is too small for a Quattro 5K (which passes through 100A) and the Quattro 3000 can only pass through 50A. The system is 230V 1ph and shore power (AC2 in) is 16A. The majority of the generator's load goes to an air conditioning system which would normally be connected to AC2 out, as it is unsupported by the inverter. I would like to connect the Quattro AC1in to the generator to support the remaining 230VAC boat equipment. I can preset the power assist current to the value of the generator output minus the air con, but that would assist the generator if the air con was not running or not pulling maximum amps. I would like to set the current limit to 70A and measure the generator current using an external AC current sensor (CSE000100000) connected to an Aux input. Is there an assistant that could help implement this?

I am aware the the the AC current sensor measures a maximum of 7Kw. Perhaps I can sense only the Aircon load and "add" it to the AC1 source internal CT? Or is there a higher current rated external current sensor from another manufacturer that will work?

Alternatively could I use an ET112 power meter (rated at 100A) via a colour control/GX to achieve the same .

Thanks

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers