question

pilotmarcus avatar image
pilotmarcus asked

NMEA 2000 battery monitoring on CERBO GX

Hi,

I connected my 2 BMV712 as well as my MultiPlus Compact 12/2000 via VE.Can to NMEA 2000 cable to my CERBO GX. I read the instruction on https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/marine-mfd-integration-by-nmea2000.html but I'm still not sure how to configure each device in the VE.CAN setup. Accessing my NMEA network via a WIFI gateway (Yacht devices) and playing around with the instances does not seem to work to get access to each monitor separately.

Initially I had all inputs on instance #0 but the NMEA interface seem to read two inputs at the same port.

Are there any instructions / guidance beside the above where I can read up how to configure the CERBO GX?

thanks,

Marcus

NMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Raymond Walker avatar image
Raymond Walker answered ·

Did you get any help on your issue Marcus? I had a very similar problem & think I have solved it, using command line in the Venus GX OS. If you're not familiar with it & it sounds daunting I understand, as I'm no expert but with bits & pieces from this forum and Victron's webpages I was able to figure it out so you can too. Let me know if you'd like to discuss & I can try to help when I can.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pilotmarcus avatar image
pilotmarcus answered ·

Thanks so much, I found the following article

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.can:changing_nmea2000_instances

And it worked with the command line (6.2). You can skip the first two suggestions as the first one requires an Actisense NGT-1 (just for changing the instance), for the second one it is metioned "WARNING: At Victron we do not understand what and how the Maretron software works with regards to this. We advise to use another tool,". So you are only left with the command line option which is quoted as "Note that this required advanced Linux skills; and is listed here only for benefit of experienced software developers".

It would be so cool to change the data instance in the remote panel.

Good luck,

Marcus

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic