question

pstover avatar image
pstover asked

Can two IP22 chargers pair with Victron Connect?

I am considering using two IP22 12V/30A 1 output chargers in parallel for charging two 12V 100AH lithium batteries that are wired in parallel. I would want to have access to both IP22s at the same time via Victron Connect (for example to reduce the charging load, use night mode, etc.). Is there a way to pair and access two IP22s with Victron Connect (or will they only pair one at a time)?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Ulrich avatar image
Ulrich answered ·

Hello,

Victron Connect communicates via Bluetooth. Victron Connect only ever connects to one Bluetooth device, so that the settings only apply to one device at a time.

It is possible to operate two IP22 in parallel, as both monitor the voltage.

greetings

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pstover avatar image pstover commented ·

Ulrich - I already have two devices (BMV-712 and MPPT controller) paired with Victron Connect and I understand that initially I see a list of devices and choose one at a time to work with. What I think you are confirming is that two IP22 devices can be paired with Victron Connect and will appear as two additional devices in my list when I open Victron Connect. That's what I was hoping for. It would be useless to me if I the two IP22's were mutually exclusive on the Victron Connect list.

If I've interpreted your answer correctly - all is good!!

Thanks -

0 Likes 0 ·
Ulrich avatar image Ulrich pstover commented ·

You can name them: "Device A" and "Device B".

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic