question

brendan64 avatar image
brendan64 asked

Multiple Blue Smart IP22

Can I add a second IP22 to existing 30amp charger to increase charge capacity?

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
markus avatar image
markus answered ·

Hi,

Yes. You can do that.

Regards,

Markus

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brendan64 avatar image brendan64 commented ·

Thanks Marcus, the IP22 I have is the 30A/3 channel charging 2 6V 250AH AGM wired in series. Aslo a Optima red top as an engine start. I'm thinking of adding another bank of 2 6V 250AGM's to bring me to a 12V 500AH total. I want to add charging capacity and another IP22 30/1 channel is what I'd add if the 2 chargers are compatable?

0 Likes 0 ·
markus avatar image markus ♦♦ brendan64 commented ·

What do you mean by "compatible"? What are you afraid of, that could happen?

The chargers terminals are galvanically isolated.

Do you fear overcharging?

This should not be a problem because of the chargers "intelligence", make sure they are both set up with the same settings.

I would prefer to use only one big charger if I had the choice but it will work with 2 though.

Best Regards,

Markus

0 Likes 0 ·
brendan64 avatar image brendan64 markus ♦♦ commented ·

I want to make sure that the chargers go into float mode and fully charge the bank of batteries. I looked at the Centaur charger 60Amp, but the charge profiles didn't match the Rolls AGM batteries I have. I think my option is a IP22 single channel 30 Amp tied into one drop of the existing 3 channel IP22 that go's to my house bank.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic